Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So Many Blogs, So Little Time...

I'm new to this RSS feed thing. It is truly a beautiful thing, and I can't help but wonder why I waited so long to set one up. Before I had a Feed, I was very picky about what blogs to read. Since I had to open up so many different windows to read through posts, it took up far too much time to have more than 15 or so blogs to shuffle through. Now, though, with all blogs I could ever want to read in a single window, the sky's the limit!

Or so I thought.

An RSS feeder allows me to browse through blogs much more easily. It does not, however, allow me to read any faster. I only seem to exacerbate (Thank you, Shaun of the Dead, for the word of the day!) the problem when my RSS feed has suggestions for other blogs I might want to read. "Hey Nim, you might like this blog! You should totally go check it out!" "Oh man, that one looks neat! Subscribe'd!"

Don't get me wrong, now. I am not complaining that I have a lot of blogs to read through. Every single blog is unique, and every author's personal touch makes it an interesting read. It simply saddens me that I know there is absolutely no way that I'm going to be able to go through every blog's archive  - many people have been blogging since damn near the beginning of time, and that is a LOT of shit to read. I know there are a lot of useful/funny/interesting things I'm missing out on because of this, but I just don't have the time for it!

So, I will have to live with reading from the present on. Which isn't a bad thing, I guess. I haven't read your past stuff, but a least I'm reading your future stuff, amiright?

1 comment: